Posts for tag: Questions
By Northeast Family Dental Care
May 22, 2014
Getting veneers is becoming a popular option for patients who are looking for a dazzling, gorgeous smile. If you are ready to change your smile for the better, than veneers might be a great option for you. If you are curious about veneers, below are some common questions asked by our patients at Northeast Family Dental Care, as well as their answers.
- Q: What are Veneers? A: Veneers are thing pieces of porcelain or plastic that is cemented over the front of your teeth. Veneers alter the color and shape of the teeth.
- Q: Will I need to be put under? Little or no anesthesia is needed for veneers to be applied.
- Q: How long will veneers last? A: Veneers have a longer life expectancy and color stability than tooth bonding. They also will not stain.
- Q: Will they look natural? A: Veneers perfectly resemble and match your natural teeth and are undetectable to artificial and natural light.
- Q: Is it harder to care for veneers? A: No extra special cafe is needed. Brush and floss like you normally would and see us for your regular checkups.
- Q: What is the procedure? A: To prepare for veneers, your teeth are lightly buffed to all for the small added thickness of the veneer. About 1/2 mm is removed. When the teeth are prepared, our dentist bonds and sculpts the composite material onto your teeth. When everything is read, the veneer is placed on your teeth for a perfect fit.
If you live in the Elgin area and are considering veneers, Dr. Galanes will be able to discuss the options with you and answer any additional questions you may have. We look forward to your visit!